Experienced Family Law Attorneys in Lake Charles
Family law is a complex area of the law and includes a range of legal issues dealing with families in conflict. At Vamvoras Antoon Attorneys at Law, we understand the emotional strain and difficulties presented in these types of situations and represent clients across a range of family law matters including divorce, child custody and child support. If you are involved in a domestic relations dispute, our accessible and knowledgeable family law attorneys will help you navigate through the process.
It is extremely important that your rights are protected so call us today at 337-433-1621 or contact us online to arrange an initial consultation. We are located in in Lake Charles, and focus our practice in Southwest Louisiana, however, our attorneys serve clients throughout the entire state of Louisiana.
Why do I need a Family Law Attorney?
Family law focuses on issues that involve any kind of family relationship. Vamvoras Antoon Attorneys at Law can help you work through conflicts and disputes that include divorce, child custody, and child support. In addition, we can assist you by drafting important legal documents such as court petitions, property agreements, and custody plans.
Here are a few reasons you might need a family law attorney:
- Divorce: Divorce can happen at any stage of a marriage. If you are facing divorce, you need to hire a divorce attorney who is thoroughly familiar with Louisiana divorce laws and procedures. LEARN MORE
- Child Custody: Child custody involves both legal custody and physical custody. In Louisiana, the overriding concern is to protect children from conflict and determine an arrangement that is in their best interest. Louisiana law states that a child has a right to time with both parents. However, there are many factors that determine child custody arrangements which is why it is important to work with a skilled child custody lawyer. LEARN MORE
- Child Support: Louisiana law plays an essential role in determining child support, the amount of money that a non-custodial parent must pay to the custodial parent to cover a proportionate amount of a child’s expenses. If you are going through a divorce or breakup and need support for your child(ren) or need to seek a child support modification, we are here to guide you. LEARN MORE
- Paternity: Paternity (also known as legitimation) cases can be filed by mothers or fathers in an effort to secure child support payments or to establish a legal relationship with the child. Vamvoras Antoon Attorneys at Law represents mothers seeking child support from the child’s father, fathers wanting to declare paternity and obtain father’s rights, or men who deny that a child is biologically theirs (disavowal). Paternity typically is determined through DNA testing. Often there are time limitations on a disavowal action, so it is crucial that you discuss your case with an attorney as soon as possible.
- Adoption: Adoption is a complex process that differs according to the type of adoption and the particular circumstances of the parties. If you are a step-parent or other non-parent seeking to adopt a minor child, you need an experienced attorney who can guide you through the process.
- Protective Orders and Restraining Orders: If there has been abuse or harassment between family members or dating partners, courts can grant certain temporary restraining orders and/or protective orders in order to prevent harm. Vamvoras Antoon can assist in drafting those types of petitions and also has experience in defending and fighting meritless and wrongfully filed protective orders. If you have been served with a protective order or temporary restraining order, you need to immediately contact an attorney to discuss your legal rights.
Contact Our Office Now
Whether you are going through a divorce, leaving an abusive situation, fighting false allegations, or seeking a child custody/support order, Vamvoras Antoon Attorneys at Law will provide you with skilled representation and the personal attention you deserve. Our goal is to help clients resolve their legal challenges as quickly and easily as possible and move on with their lives.